Set out with the ultimate, big-glass expedition pack, built to provide long-wearing comfort and large capacity.
- Feedback from Trekker-loving pros and enthusiasts helped us improve our premium suspension system by adding increased adjustability and airflow to this pack
- Our ActivLift System™ harness is constructed to mimic the natural "S" curve of the back, transfer more weight from waist to hips, make it easy to fit to the length of your torso, and include airflow channels to improve breathability
- High-performance tech fabrics – from 630D high-density nylon Oxford body to 1000D Cordura® base – provide superior abrasion, tear and water resistance plus durability, without adding extra weight
- A hydration-ready side pocket with a seam-sealed pouch offers easy access to 70 oz. (2L) of liquid from a hydration reservoir (not included)
- Pack the maximum amount of gear and micro-adjust for a snug and secure fit with the patent-pending MaxFit System™ of padded and adjustable dividers
- Attach and access extra gear via the tuck-away tripod holder, tall mesh side pockets and bottom compression straps
- Remove the protective backpack lid and use as a wearable waistpack – it features multiple pockets and a mesh-covered backpack for comfort
- Keep travel hassle-free with the checkpoint-friendly laptop sleeve – it fits in the front pocket and adheres to most airline requirements
- Our patented, built-in All Weather AW Cover™ with cinch straps and rainflap protects your pack from the elements; adjusts to expand or cinch down; allows use of compression straps at bottom while cover in use
Pro Trekker 650 AW (Black) is rated out of 5 by 2.Rated 5 out of 5 by PureADK from Perfect for the on-the-move photographer/videographer! I was in the market for a camera bag that could hold most of my gear, so that's when I got the Pro Trekker 650 AW. I'm a photographer/videographer and have a mixture of projects that range from indoor shoots for local businesses to working with adventure travel companies, where I have to hit the road. For these reasons, I like to be able to have all my gear if needed - cameras, lenses, tripod, slider, sound equipment, chargers, and other accessories. I've found this pack to be very durable and full of storage space to carry a lot of gear. There's also a lot of compartments, which allow you to remain more organized. And if you're headed out to the backcountry, it's constructed in a way to make you more comfortable even while carrying a lot of extra weight....thick arm straps and waist belt. Overall, it'd recommend this product for the on-the-go photographer or videographer that's looking for a solid bag to carry most if not all of their gear.Date published: 2016-11-04Rated 4 out of 5 by OutdoorVidepgrapher from One bag that can do it all! I bought this bag a month ago for an international filming trip on a snow tour and loved it. By removing the top lid, and compressing the bag, I was able to carry it on all my international flights. It protected all my gear while it got thrown into small airplanes and on to snow sleds and while snowshoeing across difficult terrain. This bag can do a lot! I am a one man production team and was bale to carry a TON of gear. I comfortable carried my 3 cameras, audio equipment, Feather Camera Crane, Rhino slider, 2 tripods, GoPro kit, and way more, plus my personal stuff like my extra jacket and rain gear. I was able to keep all my gear warm and dry. It allowed me to have my entire kit on me at all times. Any video or stills I wanted to capture I could. It was a major reason the trip went such a success. I will continue to use this bag on the majority of my indoor and outdoor shoots. Its great to grab one bag that has everything. I did have to make a custom modification to achieve maximum efficiency with the bag. The 4 side straps that compress the bag and can hold tripods and gear, go over top the zipper unfortunately. This forces you to drop the two side attached items every time you want to get inside the bag. Easy fix was to order 4 large 32in black rubber gear ties and attach them to the straps on the bag. Then you can quickly secure a tripod and it made it possible to open the bag with the side items attached.Date published: 2016-03-20
- Question & Answer
What would you say the maximum weight of equipment this could carry would be?The Pro Trekker 650 AW is a very strong bag. While I can not give you an exact maximum weight capacity, it can carry more weight than the average person can. It will be fine when completely filled with camera equipment.Date published: 2015-12-17
does this bag fit airline carryon requirement?Hello, Unfortunately this bag is too large to be considered "Carry-On" Compatible. You can find a listing of all of our backpacks that are Carry-On compatible here: http://store.lowepro.com/backpacks?features_lowepro=197Date published: 2015-05-17
Has there been improvements in the waterproofing of the materials and zips of the PT 650AW from the Pro Trekker 600AW, or are any changes just for durability?Hello, The new Pro Terkker 650 AW has upgraded high-performance tech fabrics made of 630D high-density nylon down to a 1000D Cordura base that not only is for superior protection but also increased water resistance without adding extra weight.Date published: 2016-04-04
- Dimensions & Specifications
- 2-3 Pro DSLRs, one with up to 600mm f/4.0 lens attached
- 5-7 extra lenses
- 2 flashes
- Tripod or monopod
- Up to a 15" laptop
- Accessories and personal gear
Internal Dimensions: 35.5 x 21.5 x 49.7 cm (13.98 x 8.46 x 19.57 in)
External Dimensions: 55 x 36.6 x 63.2 cm (21.65 x 14.41 x 24.88 in)
Weight: 4.3 kg (9.46 lbs)
- Why Buy from Lowepro?
Why Buy from Lowepro?
You count on your gear not to fail, and we pride ourselves on providing products that meet – and surpass – your expectations. Our unwavering commitment to excellence begins by listening to you.
The Lowepro Warranty
This limited consumer warranty covers any defects in material or workmanship in the new Lowepro product accompanied by this warranty statement. This warranty does not affect or modify any warranty provided by the Lowepro retailer nor does it affect any additional rights you may have under the laws of your jurisdiction.
How Long Does The Coverage Last?
This warranty lasts as long as you, the original purchaser, own your Lowepro product. See the Lowepro Warranty page for complete details.
E-Commerce Returns Policy
At Lowepro we take pride in our quality products and services and we value our relationship with you. If at any time you feel our products do not meet your needs please return the item by following our e-commerce return policy within the applicable 30 day period. See the Customer Support page for complete details.
Customer Support from the Source
Your ideas and our passion for innovation bring our break-through products to life. And when you have questions or need assistance, we're here to help. Our commitment to quality and innovation is equaled by our commitment to you, our customers.
Premium expedition pack built for a long-lasting, comfortable carry of heavy loads over rough terrain.
Our new ActivLift System™ harness transfers more weight from waist to hips, is easy to adjust and includes airflow channels to improve breathability.
No Going Back
Extended trips to the backcountry require you to bring all the gear you may need. Pack all your critical equipment and never look back.
Extreme Protection Inside & Out
High-performance tech fabrics — from high-density nylon to a rugged Cordura® base — provide superior abrasion, tear and water resistance.
Explore the Pro Trekker 650 AW
Maximum comfort and fit with ActivLift™ load-lifting harness
Multiple adjustment points from shoulder to torso to lumbar
High-performance tech fabrics, including durable Cordura® base
"MaxFit System™ dividers for maximum gear capacity
Built-in All Weather AW Cover™ with cinch straps and rainflap
Hydration-ready side pocket with seam-sealed pouch