Born on the side of a mountain, our Whistler pack delivers amazing performance for wilderness photographers and adventurers who carry an equal measure of camera, video and functional outdoor gear. Inventive and technical, this alpine pack is reminiscent of our brand heritage, and the adventures that led founder Greg Lowe to create a carry solution for his passions.
- This pack was designed and tested by professional photographers, including Whistler shooter Paul Morrison, in the extreme conditions of the Coast Mountains of British Columbia, Canada.
- ActivZone™ harness system provides targeted padding and support for comfort on the move.
- Pack includes a detachable All Weather AW Cover™ to deploy as needed and protect valuable gear from rain, snow, dust and sand.
- Professional photographer Paul Morrison suggested we add a hinged back panel/zipper for partial or full access to gear; so we did. This hinged back is a handy feature for reaching gear in inclement weather.
- A very roomy front pocket expands to fit alpine essentials. A waterproof barrier separates wet gear from the main compartment (drain holes at bottom).
- The top pocket is designed with a high-visibilty orange interior. Includes a zippered pocket with built-in key leash.
- Main camera/video gear compartment includes our exclusive MaxFit™ system of customizable dividers, designed for fine-tuning of fit and maximum capacity.
- The main compartment /insert is removable so you can dry out the pack between adventures.
- Attach heavy gear like skis, ice tools or a pro tripod to the sides of the pack and still have access to the main compartment; the rigid internal structure is built to support this type of gear.
- Multiple attachment points make it easy to expand capacity and add trekking poles, a snowboard or other essentials to the front of the pack.
- Durable, weather-reistant and resilient outdoor-tech materials and hardware include 420 denier ripstop nylon with TUP face coating, glove-friendly Nifco® side-release buckles, all-metal Duraflex® hooks and Hypalon® base.
- Question & Answer
- Dimensions & Specifications
- Pro DSLR (such as Nikon D4S or Canon 1DX)
- Up to 3 lenses: 58mm f/1.4, 24-70mm f/2.8, 24mm f/1.4,
- Flash (such as SB910)
- GoPro(R) or similar form factor action video camera
- Functional outdoor gear and personal items
- Internal Dimensions: 24.2 x 16.6 x 40 cm (9.53 x 6.54 x 15.75 in)
- External Dimensions: 31 x 30.2 x 57.2 cm (12.20 x 11.89 x 22.52 in)
- Weight: 3.31 kg (7.28 lbs)
- Why Buy from Lowepro?
Why Buy from Lowepro?
You count on your gear not to fail, and we pride ourselves on providing products that meet – and surpass – your expectations. Our unwavering commitment to excellence begins by listening to you.
The Lowepro Warranty
This limited consumer warranty covers any defects in material or workmanship in the new Lowepro product accompanied by this warranty statement. This warranty does not affect or modify any warranty provided by the Lowepro retailer nor does it affect any additional rights you may have under the laws of your jurisdiction.
How Long Does The Coverage Last?
This warranty lasts as long as you, the original purchaser, own your Lowepro product. See the Lowepro Warranty page for complete details.
E-Commerce Returns Policy
At Lowepro we take pride in our quality products and services and we value our relationship with you. If at any time you feel our products do not meet your needs please return the item by following our e-commerce return policy within the applicable 30 day period. See the Customer Support page for complete details.
Customer Support from the Source
Your ideas and our passion for innovation bring our break-through products to life. And when you have questions or need assistance, we're here to help. Our commitment to quality and innovation is equaled by our commitment to you, our customers.
Performance by Design
Designed and tested by professionals, including Whistler shooter and Loweprofessional Paul Morrison, in the extreme conditions of the Coast Mountains of British Columbia, Canada.
Equipped for the Extreme
High-performance materials, serious attachment points and the technology to comfortably carry the gear you need into any environment.
Superior Strength Outside
Shooting in the back-country means bringing equipment. Attach pro tripods, skis or a snowboard and still have access to the main compartment. The internal frame and multiple attachment points make a solid platform for your gear.
Explore Whistler Exterior
Designed by Outdoor Pros
Glove-friendly zipper pulls and side-release buckles and 100kg rated metal strap hooks are just a few of the features that prove this bag was purpose-built for professional outdoor photographers
Rugged, waterproof and abrasion-resistant 420 denier TPU coated rip-stop nylon strikes a balance between extreme durability and light weight.
Attach with Confidence
Multiple heavy-duty attachment points secure all types of heavy gear (such as skis, snowboard, tripods, or other hard-to-carry essentials) without blocking access to the camera compartment.
Comfortable & Secure Carry
ActivZone™ harness system and back panel delivers the comfort and stability you demand from a technical backpack capable of hauling serious equipment to extreme locations.
Hypalon® base is extremely tough, waterproof and longwearing so you never worry about setting your bag down in adverse conditions.
Store Wet Gear Separately
Large expandable wet-gear pocket includes waterproof barrier and drain holes so you can separate outdoor equipment (such as rope, shovel, avalanche probes , crampons etc.) from delicate camera gear.
Back-Up Weather Protection
When the weather gets really messy, employ the detachable All Weather AW Cover™ for a second level of protection from rain, snow, dust and debris.
Epic Protection Inside
Whistler's premium interior adapts to whatever equipment you use on your shoots, even if that equipment is a RED Epic Dragon.
Explore Whistler Interior
New pocket dividers maximize your space while providing organized protection for smaller items such as GoPro action cameras or Pocket Wizard transceivers.
Space for Personal Items
Store your vital personal items in the top pocket with high-visibility orange interior plus an extra zippered pocket with key leash.
Clean & Dry
The rigid camera box with spindrift cover is removable so you can quickly and easily dry out the entire bag between adventures, or use it as a full backpack.
Special edition orange MaxFit™ dividers deliver extra protection for extreme conditions while maximizing room for gear.
Access Just What's Needed
The hinged back panel allows access to gear without opening up the entire zipper and exposing all your gear to inclement weather.
Born on the Side of a Mountain
Learn more about the origins of the Whistler backpack and how Loweprofessional Paul Morrison helped to design this pack to meet the rigors of serious pros working in hardcore environments.